Coupons

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

When did photocoping IDs become so much drama?

For any wife who has been through a deployment they know how vital it is to have a Photocopy of your husband's Military ID on hand/ Departments of Motor Vehicles require the photocopy in every state I've ever been in. Your Doctor's Office makes a photocopy of your insurance card on your first visit. What are we to do? **Tricare did advise if you are worried about the repercussions of allowing the Doctor's Office or Hospital to photocopy your ID; advise them of the law, simply show them your ID, then advise them to call Tricare for your personal benefits.**

Title 18, US Code Part I, Chapter 33, Section 701

"Whoever manufactures, sells, or possesses any badge,
identification card, or other insignia, of the design prescribed by
the head of any department or agency of the United States for use
by any officer or employee thereof, or any colorable imitation
thereof, or photographs, prints, or in any other manner makes or
executes any engraving, photograph, print, or impression in the
likeness of any such badge, identification card, or other insignia,
or any colorable imitation thereof, except as authorized under
regulations made pursuant to law, shall be fined under this title
or imprisoned not more than six months, or both."

Notice the second to last line, "except as authorized under regulations made pursuant to law" this would imply to me that we could continue to use copies for our personal use... but I have been told that I am wrong. We cannot.

I don't know the truth yet, but I am searching. And if it is true, we cannot make copies of our own Husband's Military IDs then I am starting a petition. I wonder if they did any panels or focus groups before making these Regulations. It seems to me that Spouses are the unheard majority of the Army and that must change. Everything we have been through, every deployment Our Voices Deserve to be Heard!

No comments: