Coupons

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How to Wear High Heels


For those who have known me longer than five minutes know I love my shoes, especially my high heels. A new friend asked me about wearing my heels because while she wants to wear heels, they hurt her feet. So, this post is dedicated to you because you're the inspiration for it. I promise I will get back deals and coupons in a moment.

Here's a few tips and answers to commonly asked questions:
  1. Distribute your weight evenly through out your entire foot. A lot of women balance on the balls of their feet when wearing heels, this is a no-no. We're the only mammal that walks on our whole foot for a reason. Elephants can balance on their toes indefinitely, we humans should not.
  2. Not all feet are created equal. Know your feet and learn through trial and error what brands fit your feet best.
  3. Not all shoes styles are created equal. If peep toes hurt your toes, don't wear them. If pointed toe shoes kill your feet, don't wear them.
  4. Sling backs can run up to half a size larger than normal. Take this into consideration when buying them.
  5. If you feel blisters forming while wearing your heels and you can't change your shoes, for whatever reason, DON'T TAKE THEM OFF. This will cause the skin to rip from the rub spot on your foot and when you put your heels back on it will be even more painful.
  6. Cheap shoes = cheap materials = not always the most comfortable. I LOVE a good deal (if you can't tell by this blog) but I've learned I'd rather have one pair of comfortable heels that I can wear than three pairs that hurt my feet. 
  7. Keep your heels in their boxes. If they come with dust bags, use them.
  8. The plastic tips on the bottom of the heel is called a tip. Heels need to be re-tipped often. Most shoe repair can and will do this. Many designer shoes even come with an extra set of tips in the box. Walking with the metal exposed is extremely painful for your lower back and will ruin your heels. 
  9. YOU DO NOT NEED ANOTHER PAIR OF BLACK HEELS. Put them down. NOW.
  10. Yes, you do need that pair of red heels. Every woman should own at least one pair of red high heels.
  11. No, my heels do not restrict my movement or activity level. I can push SUVs across the intersection in them, I can chase after 4 year olds in them, I can walk all night, run, chase down a cab, do anything, and go anywhere in my heels.
  12. Heels can sink in soft ground, like cow pastures. How do I know this? While walking across my Grandfather's farm, a cow pasture to be precise, with my father of course! This was also when I uttered my now infamous phrase, "Well, Daddy, I am a little bit of a princess." Almost gave the poor man a heart attack...
So there are my 12 tips. Now back to couponing.

Oh, wait not yet... here for your viewing pleasure are two photos of me in heels while pregnant. First is me 35 weeks in 5 inch heels (that I had to run in that day) and second I am 30 weeks pregnant in 4 inch blue suede heels.





No comments: