Coupons

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fear, worry, disappointment.... ANXIETY!

Wikipedia says: "Anxiety is a psychological and physiological state characterized by cognitive, somatic, emotional, and behavioral components. These components combine to create an unpleasant feeling that is typically associated with uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry. Anxiety is a generalized mood condition that can often occur without an identifiable triggering stimulus. As such, it is distinguished from fear, which occurs in the presence of an observed threat. Additionally, fear is related to the specific behaviors of escape and avoidance, whereas anxiety is the result of threats that are perceived to be uncontrollable or unavoidable." 

Did you ever just feel down? Anxious? Then you stop and wonder what do I have to feel anxious about? Most Army wives carry anxiety around as other wives carry their purses. Our husbands are deployed to combat zones every other year, being anxious is part of the life. But when the guys are home, there are other issues to be anxious about; Money, Marriage, Kid Rearing, Moving, Friendships. Extended Family Drama. It never seems to end.


Yesterday morning when I woke up, I felt fine... and now... I just don't know. Anxiety seems to hit from all sides. I guess I feel weird that I have nothing to really worry about any more. 
- I worried my entire pregnancy. I hated being pregnant. I was so afraid something would go wrong. Carrying a child and not being able to raise or hold your baby is the hardest thing in the world to go through. Luke is a healthy, bouncing boy!
- I was worried I would be a terrible Mom. I think I am doing an okay job.
- I was worried about moving to Chicago. But everything has worked out.
- I was worried about Dennis' career. But his BN Commander has really taken care of us.
- I was worried about Dennis being deployed, but he came home in time for Christmas! We've spent a whole year of Holidays together. 


I wonder if Army wives just have to anxious in order to survive? And when we don't feel anxious we don't know what to do...

No comments: