Coupons

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Airplanes and Infants

This Easter weekend, Dennis and I flew down to Savannah to spend a long weekend with my parents. It was such a wonderful vacation! The wisteria and azaleas were blooming, Savannah was lush and green... Plus Luke was such a cutie in his little Easter outfit that his Nana got for him.

I will tell you this about the trip; it was a learning experience about flying with a baby. I learned:
- You need your child's birth certificate, shot record, and SSN card to fly according to the FAA.
- TSA will not tell you that you need proof of your child's identity if you call them asking about flying with a 4 month old.
- You have to take your child's coat, sweater, and shoes off to go through security. Yes, I will repeat that: You must remove your 4 month old child's shoes, coat, and sweater to go through security.
- Buy your child a seat if you are flying alone. Holding my 18 pound son for 4.5 solid hours wore me out! Though my biceps do totally rock now.
- Fly Southwest if you can. They are fabulous and you can check two bags (under 50lbs each) for free!
- Don't check a bag if you are flying US Airways. They sent my husband's bag to Miami instead of Chicago. But I can see how anyone could make that mistake.

This is why I love my life. It is always an adventure!

No comments: